Four steps to formaldehyde-free cabinets.
1. Look up your nearest PureBond®
fabricator using our online directory,
or read more about the PureBond® Fabricators in our network by visiting
Profiles in Quality.
2. Call or email your PureBond® fabricator
for an appointment.
3. Print a copy of How to Build a Green Cabinet, and bring it with you on your
4. Print the following PureBond® pledge of assurance, and make sure your PureBond®
fabricator signs it before you pay your deposit.
Five guidelines for "greening" your home.
Being green isn't easy... or so they say. But with these simple actions you can
make a world of difference - both for your family, your pocketbook and the planet.
1. Save energy. Try to reduce the amount
of energy you use. Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL's). Use Energy
Star® certified electronics. Unplug any devices you aren't currently using.
Set your thermostat to a lower setting and put on a sweater - you'll save money
2. Save water. Use a water-efficient showerhead.
Be wise about when you water your lawn. Only wash full loads of dishes and laundry.
Reduce the amount of water in your toilet. Turn the water off when you brush your
3. Reduce waste. Go paperless as often
as possible. Buy less packaging. Recycle. Reuse non-recyclable items at least once.
Opt out of catalogs, junk mail, and plastic shopping bags.
4. Buy smart. Research your purchases.
Know who you're buying from, their practices and sources. Look for credible, green-oriented,
third-party certifications on your products to ensure that they're being made responsibly
and safely. Buy organic when you can. Buy local products from local businesses -
it reduces transportation costs and fossil fuel consumption.
5. Rethink the meaning of "clean". Reduce
the toxins in your life. Make your own cleaning supplies; try to educate yourself
on the chemicals at use in your home. Ventilate your home regularly, and be sure
to test your home for toxins such as mold.
Top: What You Should Know