CAN/AM GOLD+™ Panels
Defend your bottom line and hold the line on quality. Introducing CAN/AM GOLD+™, Columbia's new and improved value-priced professional grade plywood.
Made in North America
- 100% Sustainable North American wood components
- 100% PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology construction
- 100% Thick face veneer (1/32" before sanding)
- 100% CFP manufacturing, service and support
You asked, we listened...
After a strong launch of the Can/Am panel line up, we've upgraded the Can/Am line to gold plus status after hearing our customers'feedback. CAN/AM GOLD+™ is Columbia's new and improved value-priced professional grade plywood.
North American-made and CARB Phase 2 compliant, this product will fill your need for a low cost plywood panel to round out your construction options. These CAN/AM GOLD+ panels offer more consistent quality, less thickness variation, thicker faces, less telegraphing as well as reduced warping and moisture problems than many imported or domestic low-cost alternatives. And because they're made at Columbia's plywood mills across the US and Canada, quick regional shipping will assure steady availability.
Available options include pre-priming, foil or UV coating, and all are produced with our soy-based, formaldehyde-free PureBond® technology.
- Features and Benefits
- North American Made. CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are made at Columbia's mills in the US and Canada. You'll benefit from quick regional shipping options even at low quantity needs.
- Formaldehyde-free. Because all of Columbia's veneer core panels are made with soy flour-based formaldehyde-free PureBond® technology, they are CARB Phase 2 compliant and contribute to LEED® and other Green Building credits.
- Improved Yield. Less waste due to problems like warping, thickness variation, delamination and poorly patched plies. Controlled moisture content gives these panels enhanced stability.
- Reliable Visuals. Panels feature faces pre-sorted for uniformity. Available in SAP and Natural options.
- Value-Priced. CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are competitive with lesser-quality imports and thin-faced domestic commodity panels.
- Value-Added. Add-on custom options like pre-priming, foil or UV coating and you've still got a competitive product.
- Trusted Service. Backed by 50 years of Columbia's manufacturing experience and customer service.
- Quality Standards. CAN/AM GOLD+ panels are produced and shipped to Mill Run specifications, with a 10% shop content allowable. Any panel exhibiting delamination will be replaced or credited, at Columbia's discretion.
CAN/AM GOLD+ Panel 1/32" Faces and Backs
Mill Run. Faces and backs include a hardwood mix of North American Basswood, Aspen, Poplar or other white woods.
Consult your Columbia Forest Products representative to aid in the design of CAN/AM GOLD+ panels with the appropriate face and back combination in order to control costs and to suit your particular application.
- Typical Imported Or Low Grade Domestic Plywood (such as D3)
Variable moisture content in manufacturing with the potential for warping
Multiple inner plies with possible core voids and panel thickness variability
More glue lines = higher formaldehyde emissions and delamination risk
Inconsistent crossband quality = telegraphing through thin faces and backs
Random quality of thin face veneers and risk of sand-through and finishing problems
Subject to freight and exchange rate fluctuations, shipping delays and inventory outages
- CAN/AM GOLD+ Plywood Differences
Controlled moisture content in manufacturing
Made with PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology (proven in over 50 million panels)
Thicker, domestically sourced veneer faces
Produced in North America and available through established distribution channels
FSC® certified plywood panels available upon request
Many custom options available and smaller order sizes required as compared to imported orders
For your convenience, CAN/AM GOLD+ panels can be pre-primed, pre-finished with a VOC-free UV surface, and treated with foil (Canada only).
Product Sheet (PDF)