JayCore® / KayCore®
Premium veneer core hardwood plywood produced domestically on calibrated, veneer core blanks. JayCore® and KayCore® panels are the perfect choice for cabinetry and furniture manufacturers who want nothing less than the best.
When Nothing But The Best Will Do.
JayCore® and KayCore® premium veneer core hardwood plywood from Columbia Forest Products are produced domestically on PureBond® formaldehyde-free veneer core platforms and carefully monitored for a controlled thickness range.
JayCore and KayCore panels are the perfect choice for cabinetry and furniture manufacturers who want nothing less than the best in "all wood" hardwood plywood.
Whether you need the performance of "K" grade cross bands under the faces of your high grade panels, or the improved characteristics of a "J" grade for those "special"situations, Columbia has a panel construction that will meet your expectations.
JayCore and KayCore platforms were designed for superior performance. Each pre-sanded veneer core platform is constructed either with sound HPVA J-grade cross bands or HPVA K-grade cross bands, greatly reducing the finishing problems associated with voids, transfer, rough grain and telegraphing. Their smooth substrates enhance the beauty of decorative veneer and dramatically improve finishing results, offering many of the same properties of a composite core – without the added weight.
JayCore and KayCore plywood is also very consistent. Their thickness tolerances outperform HPVA industry standards, making them ideal for finishing lines that require tight tolerances for smooth and even finish applications, while their uniformity ensures better fitting components and lower reject rates. Plus, JayCore and KayCore have the flexibility to meet your particular specifications. Both panels are available in thicknesses ranging from 3/8" to 1-1/4" and can be faced with any combination of high-quality, Columbia decorative veneers.
And perhaps best of all, JayCore and KayCore can be produced regionally at any of Columbia's hardwood plywood plants, so consistent availability is guaranteed.
Product Sheet (PDF)
- Meets HPVA requirements for J-grade and K-grade designations for innerplies adjacent to the face of the panel - ensuring maximum quality and results.
- Consistent thickness for better fit, fewer rejects and improved flat line finishing results.
- Virtually eliminates core telegraphing for lower defect and rework rates.
- Product specifications can be tailored to your particular requirements.
- Manufactured in the US and Canada, ensuring availability with manageable lead times and fuel saving distance to market.
- JayCore and KayCore can be specified as FSC®-certified upon request.