Would you like to try our NEW Plywood Builder?START YOUR PLYWOOD!
With DesignEdge™, Columbia’s new domestically-produced multi-ply panel, your next project can deliver a twist on the distinctive exposed-edge look with the added confidence of PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology.
Give Your Designs a Competitive Edge.
With DesignEdge™, our new domestically-produced multi-ply panel, your next project can deliver a twist on the distinctive exposed-edge look with the added confidence of PureBond® formaldehyde-free technology.
Available in a range of thicknesses as “blank” platforms or with decorative hardwood veneer faces, DesignEdge panels can be ordered as FSC® Certified. And because they’re responsibly made here with wood from North America’s perpetual-growth hardwood resource, quality, availability and delivery are not a concern.
Visual Flexibility & Appeal
Dining tables. Children’s furniture. Drawer boxes. Display fixtures. Just some of the typical items that can be enhanced with the unique “thick and thin” inner ply layers that make Columbia’s DesignEdge panels so visually striking.
Made with a special combination of hardwood ply’s that leverage North America’s abundant forest resource, DesignEdge can reflect a new sense of aesthetic drama from every angle. Special fabrication techniques can be employed to make the most of the material, from flat to rounded and beveled treatments.
Features & Benefits
- CARB Exempt and CARB Phase 2 Compliant. This product is manufactured to the ANSI HP-1 2009 Hardwood Plywood Standard and tests below 0.05 for formaldehyde emissions and contains no added urea formaldehyde.
- LEED IEQ 4.4 Compliant. DesignEdge is a no added urea formaldehyde panel, compliant for use in LEED project work which calls for no added urea formaldehyde in lamination or core construction adhesive of interior composite panel products.
- FSC® Certified Available. DesignEdge can be ordered FSC® certified to add a chain-of-custody trace to responsibly managed forestland and contribute credit towards the MR 7 certified wood credit in LEED project work. For more information on FSC constructions, click here.
- Excellent Machinability. Design Edge provides very uniform core density to help reduce reject rates, offering great machinability and tremendous screw holding capacity.
- Panel Thicknesses. Include, 1/2”, 5/8”, and 3/4”. Contact your Columbia representative for current availability.
|Core Specification||3/4″ DesignEdge|
|PLY Count (Including Face and Back)||13|
|Glue Type – Core||Soy|
|Glue Type – Face/Back Lamination||Soy|
|Parallel MOE (mpsi)||5,594|
|Parallel MOR (mpsi)||5,490|
|Perpendicular MOE (mpsi)||13,438|
|Perpendicular MOR (psi)||11,072|
|Screw Holding – Face (lbs)||430|
|Screw Holding – Edge (lbs)||326|
|Formaldehyde Emissions (ppm)||< 0.05|
|Internal Bond (psi)||278|
|Water Absorption (%)||26.7|
|Thickness Swell (%)||3.4|
|Linear Expansion (%)||0.113|
|Width Expansion (%)||0.017|
|Weight (lbs) 4′ x 8′ sheet||63|