Would you like to try our NEW Plywood Builder?START YOUR PLYWOOD!
UV Wood™ is a beautiful, finished hardwood plywood panel featuring a clear, durable topcoat. This versatile modified acrylate finish is tough, resisting scrapes, chips and the effects of solvent wipe down. It’s clearly a superior product.
Lose the time, material, equipment and productivity costs associated with finishing your own panels – and give your customers a beautifully tough surface that stands up to Covid-19 cleansers and disinfectants!
Columbia’s UV Wood panels feature a durable, clear, epoxy acrylic coat that enhances the warmth and beauty of their hardwood veneers. This tough finish is ideal for cabinet interiors and exposed outer faces.
For today’s cabinet customers, only the best will do.
You’ll appreciate the savings of pre-finished UV Wood panels, which elminate the need for spray coating time, talent, material and equipment. And you’ll be providing your customers with a real wood alternative to synthetic, printed interiors – an upgrade to standard boxes you can offer at a competitive price!
UV Wood resists scratches, chips and the effects of solvent wipe down. Plus, it’s available in Ultra Low, Low, Satin, Medium and High Gloss options, can be finished on one or two sides, and is available on any core, grade and species combination.
It’s perfect for cabinets, closets, furniture, fixtures, or anywhere a durable, clear finish is desired.
|Finish thickness dry : 1.0 – 1.5 mil
Percentage of solids applied : 100%
VOC Emissions : None
Effect of water or solvent : None
Acetone wipe down : Yes
AWI/NKB/ANSI standard : Exceeds
Durability : Excellent
Machinability : Excellent
Gloss Levels : (Specify at time of order)Ultra Low : 5-10% reflection (New!)Low : 20-30% reflection
Satin: 30-40% reflection
Medium : 50-60% reflection
High : 75+% reflection
Effects of common household staining agents : None
Special tooling required : None
Features and Benefits
- Consistent & beautiful finish resists scratches and chips and stands up to disinfectants and other antimicrobial cleansers – even those with bleach.
- New Ultra Low Gloss sheen option satisfies today’s more natural design preferences.
- Finished surface reduces labor time and cost, increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Real wood alternative to melamine box interiors or those using low basis weight papers.
- Overspray and other installation messes can be easily wiped up with acetone.
- UV Wood panels are balanced and will stay flatter than a melamine one-side panel.
- UV finished surface don’t add to your shop’s VOC emissions limits.
- Available on veneer core, MDF and particleboard cores in a variety of thicknesses and any hardwood face and back combinations for numerous design options.
- Made on advanced lines in Columbia’s mills in Oregon, Ontario and Virginia