The Columbia PureBond Fabricator Network is:
- A marketing program to train, coach and promote quality-oriented wood product manufacturers who can faithfully incorporate PureBond® formaldehyde-free materials into their end products
- A means to share the marketing power of a collective group with individual Network members, for the purpose of promoting their capabilities to current and new customer bases
- A forum for advancing the knowledge of Network members within the topics of green product marketing, wood use optimization, new product and market opportunities and business development
- A forum for Columbia Forest Products to better understand the needs of today’s leading wood product manufacturers so we may be better positioned to help make them more successful
The Columbia PureBond Fabricator Network is NOT:
- A program for pricing advantage
- An exclusive arrangement – multiple Network members may be active in the same trading area
Fabricator Candidate Types:
- Cabinet shops who sell cabinets to homeowners, dealers, and builders
- Furniture manufacturers who sell furnishings to homeowners and to the trade
- OEM manufacturers who sell cabinets, furniture and fixtures to the trade and sometimes directly to the homeowner
*Note that fabricators who manufacture or sell flooring products are not eligible to participate in the Network
Fabricator Expectations & Obligations:
Columbia will evaluate for potential membership in the Network any fabricator that possesses the following attributes (the weight given to each of the following in the selection process may vary depending upon the type and business model of the fabricator)
- Reputable, with solid customer references
- Embrace green building principles
- Understands the role of hardwood plywood in indoor air quality, or is able to learn about it from resources supplied by Columbia Forest Products
- Able to manage work flow in a way that will keep formaldehyde-free plywood inventories and finished projects uniquely distinguished from those containing formaldehyde
- Forward-thinking, innovative and willing to participate in new marketing approaches
- In good standing with Columbia distributors or with Columbia Forest Products, if sold on a direct basis
- Will faithfully maximize use of PureBond products in fabrication of cabinets, furniture, fixtures and millwork when the customer requests or the project specifications call for formaldehyde-free materials
- Will comply with all terms and conditions for participation in the Network, including without limitation the PureBond brand usage guidelines
Fabricators can expect a range of benefits from their participation in this Network, including, but not limited to:
- Exposure on the Columbia Forest Products website Network Directory and on referral lists distributed by Columbia or Columbia distributor personnel
- Training in green products, market opportunities and marketing
- Ability to make calls on their customers or prospects along with Columbia or Columbia distributor personnel
- Ability to conduct special events such as open houses and seminars with the support of Columbia or Columbia distributor personnel
- The use of the PureBond logo (in accordance with brand usage guidelines) in marketing material such as business cards, advertising, and signage
- Potential publicity opportunities, from local media interviews and events to national consumer trade and consumer publication coverage
I agree to comply with the letter and spirit of the PureBond Fabricator Network expectations, obligations and guidelines, including but not limited to the terms and conditions attached hereto. I understand that my participation in the program may be cancelled by either party for any reason after a 30-day notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP IN PUREBOND® FABRICATOR NETWORK
- “PureBond Finished Products” means finished products, including but not limited to cabinets, furniture, fixtures and millwork, made with PureBond formaldehyde-free hardwood plywood from Columbia Forest Products, Inc. (“CFP”).
- “PureBond Marketing Materials” means showroom or point-of-sale signage, decals, merchandising and consumer literature supplied by CFP to Fabricator.
- “PureBond Marks” means CFP’s logos, trademarks, and other brand elements used on or in connection PureBond Finished Products and set forth in the PureBond Graphic Identity Guidelines supplied by CFP to Fabricator.
- “Fabricator Marks” means Fabricator’s trade names, logos, trademarks and other brand elements.
2. Proprietary Rights and Licenses
- License Grant to Fabricator. During the period in which Fabricator is a member of the Network, CFP grants to Fabricator a limited, nontransferable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use the PureBond Marks in connection with the advertising, promotion, marketing, distribution and sale of PureBond Finished Products. The PureBond Marks may not be used on any products other than PureBond Finished Products. Fabricator shall not sublicense these rights without the prior, written consent of CFP, which may be withheld for any reason.
- License Grant to CFP. During the period in which Fabricator is a member of the Network, Fabricator grants CFP a limited, nontransferable, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use the Fabricator Marks to identify and publicize Fabricator as a member of the PureBond Fabricator Network.
- CFP Proprietary Rights. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, all right, title and interest in and to the PureBond Marks, PureBond Marketing Materials, training materials and any other materials used or distributed by CFP will remain with CFP or its licensors and/or suppliers. Fabricator’s use of the PureBond Marks will inure to the benefit of CFP.
- Fabricator Proprietary Rights. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, all right, title and interest in and to the Fabricator Marks will remain with Fabricator or its licensors and/or suppliers.
- Trademark Use Restrictions. Fabricator’s use of the PureBond Marks will be in strict compliance with CFP’s trademark usage guidelines attached hereto as Schedule A, as may be amended and provided to Fabricator from time to time.
- Quality Control. Fabricator agrees that the nature and quality of any products, services, advertising or marketing materials bearing or offered in connection with the PureBond Marks will be of high quality in the industry. Fabricator agrees to cooperate with CFP in facilitating CFP’s monitoring and control of the nature and quality of the goods, services, advertising or marketing materials bearing or offered in connection with the PureBond Marks, and to supply CFP with specimens of use of the PureBond Marks upon request. Should CFP notify Fabricator that Fabricator’s use of the PureBond Marks does not conform to the standards set by CFP, or the quality of the goods and services offered under the PureBond Marks falls below the acceptable levels, then Fabricator will have thirty (30) days to correct such defects and to provide Licensor with specimens of such conforming use. Fabricator shall at all times conduct business in a reputable manner that reflects favorably on CFP, the PureBond Finished Products, and the good will of CFP. Fabricator will make no false or misleading representations with regard to CFP, PureBond Finished Products or the PureBond Technology.
- Indemnification. Fabricator agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CFP, its affiliated and subsidiary business entities, its officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns, and its distributors for, from and against any and all third party claims, damages, actions, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including costs and attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage, including but not limited to damage to any property and personal injury or death, by whomever suffered, to the extent arising out of or resulting from any negligent or willful act or omission of Fabricator or any of its agents, employees or representatives relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, or from any breach of Fabricator’s obligations under this Agreement.
- Effect of Termination. On the effective date of any termination of Fabricator’s participation in the Network, all rights and licenses granted by one party to the other party under these terms and conditions will immediately terminate. Fabricator will immediately cease all use of the PureBond Marks.
- No Agency. No agency, partnership, franchise, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Neither party may take any actions that are binding on the other party. Without limiting the foregoing, neither party will make any representations or warranties to third parties on behalf of the other party.
PUREBOND and PUREBOND LOGO Trademark Usage Guidelines
The following rules apply to any use of the PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark, on any product or communication, including labels, advertising, literature, Internet sites, trade show exhibits, promotional items, correspondence, etc. Because a particular usage is not discussed or expressly prohibited in these guidelines does not mean that it is approved. The guidelines discuss the most common questions and provide guidance for the use of the PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark. However, it is important to note that rules and requirements sometimes vary from country to country and from case to case. Please direct any questions of use not covered in these guidelines directly to:
Columbia Forest Products
General Usage Guidelines
- The PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark may only be used on or in reference to products made in strict conformance with Columbia Forest Products, Inc.’s product specifications and only on or in reference to those types of products specified in the Profile and Agreement executed by Fabricator.
- ALWAYS use the PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark only in the manner authorized by Columbia Forest Products, Inc.
- DO NOT use the PUREBOND trademark or PUREBOND LOGO mark on or in connection with any adhesive/resin (example: PUREBOND adhesive).
- DO NOT use the PUREBOND trademark or PUREBOND LOGO mark on or in connection with any flooring products or accessories.
- ALWAYS use the PUREBOND trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an APPROPRIATE noun (example: PUREBOND® hardwood plywood).
- DO NOT use the PUREBOND or PUREBOND LOGO mark as a noun (example: made with PUREBOND).
- ALWAYS use the proper spelling of the mark and ALWAYS use the mark as one word.
- DO NOT abbreviate the mark (example: PB), use a hyphen, or alter the PUREBOND mark or LOGO in any way.
- DO NOT join the PUREBOND trademark or the PUREBOND LOGO mark with any other words, symbols or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen. Do not incorporate the PUREBOND trademark or the PUREBOND LOGO mark into another mark or combine the marks with other words, symbols or numbers to create a new mark.
- ALWAYS use the proper trademark symbol (™ or ®) for the country in which the mark is used.
- ALWAYS include acknowledgement of Columbia Forest Products, Inc.’s ownership of the PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark. (example: the PUREBOND trademark and PUREBOND LOGO mark are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Columbia Forest Products, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries).
- ALWAYS set the PUREBOND trademark apart from other words in surrounding text by using all capital letters (example: PUREBOND® hardwood plywood).
- DO NOT make puns out of the PUREBOND mark or PUREBOND LOGO mark or portray the marks in a negative light.
PUREBOND LOGO Use Guidelines
- The PUREBOND LOGO must appear exactly as provided to you by Columbia Forest Products, Inc. Do not distort, stretch, or manipulate the PUREBOND LOGO. Use only the Official Artwork provided with these Guidelines.
- Always use the designated trademark symbol (® or ™) from the PUREBOND LOGO.
- Do not display the design element of the PUREBOND LOGO separately from the entire PUREBOND LOGO mark.
- The PUREBOND LOGO may only be depicted in the colors provided on the Official Artwork.
- Do not place the PUREBOND LOGO on a visually competitive background or photograph.
- Do not create a shape around or outline to the PUREBOND LOGO nor add any words to the LOGO.
- Do not use the PUREBOND LOGO as a decorative element or as a background element.
- Do not embed the PUREBOND LOGO in text.
- Do not change the typeface or font used on the Official Artwork.
- Adhere to the minimum size and clear space requirements as provided on the Official Artwork.