- March 18, 2020
- by Columbia Forest Products
The values we prioritize at Columbia Forest Products include “Customer Service” and “Family.” These probably have no greater meaning than they do now.
We felt it was time to update you on the decisions we’ve made as this Coronavirus experience continues to evolve.
- Columbia is following CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidelines for facility management (social distancing, small meeting groups, increased wiping down of surfaces, knobs, and handles, hand sanitizer dispensers through the plants and offices);
- We’re encouraging members of our employee family to stay home if feeling sick, or letting managers know if they are feeling ill at work;
- We won’t be allowing visitors inside our plants for the next several weeks, and we’ve suspended all travel unless it’s considered critical or essential.
- We’re encouraging our people to leverage virtual meeting tools, and Columbia is prepared, where applicable, to work remotely.
Through these and other approaches, we intend to stay healthy, to keep our incoming materials flowing, and to satisfy our customers’ needs with little disruption. We established an internal task force to make sure we have as much data as possible, to provide guidance during this pandemic and to manage our options across all our facilities and communities.
At this point, our supply chain remains robust, our order files are strong, and we have not been made aware of any significant obstacles to continue this trend. We are grateful to be working with a network of excellent partners, and we intend to keep them busy.
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding our services or our plans going forward, and if you have suggestions for additional ways we can support your needs during this challenging period.
Thank you for your business and consideration, and please stay healthy.
President and CEO
Columbia Forest Products